Friday, March 21, 2014

WTF?

I'm awakened by racket in my buddy's apartment as I had fallen asleep in the tiny loveseat sofa the night before. I glance out the window and see dawn's early colors just starting to change the night sky when suddenly, my face is smothered by a pillow with such force I can't remove it.


I twist and squirm to no avail and cannot even open my eyes due to the extreme downward pressure. I manage to open my mouth to scream my buddy's name, but my mouth fills with pillow, silencing my cry for help. I keep fighting and am running out of air when... it's over.

I remain motionless with eyes darting throughout the dark aparment. Slowly, I raise up, highly vigilant of any movement. Suddenly, Lex's alarm clock goes off and I see him sleep-walking from his bedroom to the bathroom as it is time to go to work.

WTF? Did that really just happen or did I have a super-realistic dream?

I say nothing since it had to have been a whacky dream...or was it? We head out and get to the feedlot and punch our timecards and I am still bothered by the craziness, but choose not to say anything because no matter how I explain it, it would make me look like some mental patient.

Hours go by with my one track mind focusing on the mysterious smothering. While weighing the feed truck on the scale, Lex parks behind me for his turn and comes into the scalehouse.

"Did you notice anything weird this morning?" I ask in hopes of not revealing too much of my craziness.

"Yea," he replies. "A beer sign that was leaning for months on my headboard fell off and hit me before my alarm went off. Then, when I went into the bathroom, my can of shaving cream that sat on the shelf in front of the mirror must have fallen since it was laying in the sink."

That is exactly what woke me! That can falling into the sink makes such a signature sound!  I tell myself.

"Plus," Lex continues, "last night after you fell asleep, Biff sat in front of the closet beside the bathroom and growled. His back hair was all fuzzed up and he kept staring and growling towards the empty closet."

Biff is a psycho dog...as in "touched"... and no doubt is a portal to the creepy super-natural world, I conclude.

After Lex shared his series of events, he admitted he wasn't going to say anything to me because it sounded too bizarre and he didn't want to be thought off as some kind of weirdo. With his admission, I was comfortable confessing to the smothering I experienced and we both had questions about the morning's supernatural activity.

Angry ghosts? Sadistic spirits? Vengeful phantoms?

That stuff tends to give me the heebie-jeebies and I want nothing to do with it. Whatever was there that morning was pure evil and material for some freaky, spine-tingling Hollywood movie, but not material I have any intention to investigate and hope to never experience again.





No comments:

Post a Comment