Sunday, March 9, 2014

Moustache Unplugged #5

Hehehe...undetected, I grab the opportunity to work on my letter...

Dear Samsung,

Your big, fancy and overpriced flatscreen TV broke the day before its one year warranty ended.  So, I called for warranty work and a repair main showed up 6 days later with a part that did not fix the TV.  He returned after another 6 days with 2 new parts and still was unable to fix the TV.  Another 7 days passed and this time he arrived with a main board, a power board and a new LCD panel.  These 3 major components were installed and the TV remained broken.  Frustrated, the repairman called Samsung engineers who blamed him for using faulty components whereby the enigineers embarassingly learned that the parts came straight from your warehouse.

During this month of failed repairs, I had repeated contacts with your so-called customer service department.  I kept them updated and after the third failed repair, I told them that I had been more than patient and it was now time to simply replace the lemon in my house.

Would you like to know how your customer service department responded to my request?  They contacted a separate repairman to start coming out to my house to fix the TV!

UNACCEPTABLE!

Your so-called customer service department argued with me how that was the next step in the warranty process.  I pled my case of how not only how much time had already been wasted, but also how intrusive the procedure had been.  Not wanting the cycle to repeat and waste another month, I would not accept their robotic solution.  I repeated that my TV needed replaced.

Their reply?  My warranty had expired during this prolonged agony, but, out of the pure goodness of their hearts, they offered me a one-time service, free of charge. 

Are you @#$%ing kidding me?  The TV broke under warranty and you failed to get it fixed, but now that it's out of warranty, I get a one-time free service visit?  That math does not add up!

I called the original repairman's boss who had some type of connection with your company.  He relayed the outrageous circus I endured and suddenly, I am emailed that a replacement TV was authorized.

Hallelujah!

Several more weeks go by and finally, a new replacment TV arrives.  It only took 51 days...

But guess what? This new TV only has a warranty of 60 days instead of 1 year. What's up with that?

Rest assured when this one breaks, I have a very precise spot where I'd like to stick it, but I'll promptly recycle it and nothing Samsung will EVER sit in this house again. 

Companies used to care about the customer, but now customers are expendable.  Do us consumers a favor, rename your customer service department as Customer Disservice, it's a much more accurate label.

Without respect or regard,
The Moustache

No comments:

Post a Comment