Sunday, February 16, 2014

Patience

Patiently, I wait.

Everyday the yearning to see her, to feel her, to breath with her, to run with her becomes increasingly unbearable.  I close my eyes and remember sweat slickened skin, pumping arms, churning legs, labored breathing and a racing heart while spending time with her.  I reminisce over great music from our custom playlist filling my ears while her pine forest scent tickled my nose.  Although bedridden with this dreadful cast, I still catch glimpses of her from my window.  She looks so lovely in the distance. 

We walked, jogged, hiked, ran and danced together for years.  I shared with her as much as she shared with me.  Together, time really didn't matter but we agreed it always ended too soon.  I enjoyed spending time with her in the darkness, armed only with a headlamp, and we cherished the scenic overlook of Denver's nightlights.  More glorious sunrises were shared than fiery sunsets, but all seared a picture into our memory.  Weather didn't matter, she was always there.  We splashed together through flooding rains, pounded through deep snows, chipped frozen breath off my whiskers and panted heavy under the blazing sun.  We enjoyed the animals.  Abert's squirrels bouncing in the ponderosa pines, deer grazing in the meadows, bull elk bugling in the fall and the chance encounters with the mountain lion.  Each stopped us in our tracks, captivating us with the wonders of Mother Nature.  We joked about skyrocketing over rattlesnakes that turned out to be sticks and stopping in a panic for a bear that turned out to be a stump.  Early mornings were best as no one was around, but even if it got crowded, "they" became invisible.  Whether it was spring flowers, aspens dropping their golden leaves or pine limbs bowed under a heavy snow, we loved each season for the beauty it presented.

She is my mistress... and my therapist. 

Most know her as Lookout Mountain and the Apex Park--a mountain road and network of single track trails along the front range overlooking Denver.

I'll see her again. 

And, I might really seduce her by sporting a pair of pants from Norway's Olympic Curling Team.



She'd like that. 

Even better, I may cut them into knickers and throw on my saggy compression socks for her to go wild.  Add the boxer man-thong from a few days ago, and I know she couldn't behave herself...

Actually, she doesn't give a shit.  She'll grind you up and spit you out with no emotion.

But, I love her anyways.











No comments:

Post a Comment