Saturday, February 14, 2015

Annual Update

One year ago right now, I was strung out on pain killers with a Achilles tendon that had been sliced from my heel bone and a sheared bone spur extracted from the interior of the cord.  Since the tendon was yanked off to the side, Doc thought it was prime time to grind the heel bone to perfection.  He then literally nailed the tendon back in place and I experienced pain that could not be tuned out.  Bigger and better doses got me through the tough days and I literally was bedridden with nothing to do.  Stir crazy was an understatement.  Being task oriented and self diagnosed with OCD, I struggled with all the thumb twiddling. With the help from a gracious friend, I created this blog that provided an outlet to occupy all the idle time.

During recovery, I was off work and promised myself to write a short story everyday until I returned to the daily grind with the Moustache occasionally hijacking the blog to vent on various topics. Those daily entries totaled 63 and since then, posts have been sporadic. This post will be entry number 117 and in the past year, some entries need updated.

Moustache Unplugged #12: In this entry, The Moustache ranted about the 2 Boulder Police Officers who conspired and idiotic plan to kill a neighborhood bull elk that residents enjoyed seeing in their yards.  The killer was on-duty and tried to cover up his killing Big Boy as a merciful act since he tried to convince people Big Boy was injured.  After killing Big Boy, he then called his equally stupid sidekick, a co-worker who was off-duty, to come retrieve the animal to take home and butcher. Well, a jury convicted dumb-ass #1 of nine charges, 3 of which were felonies, where he was facing up to 6 years in prison.  His sentence?  Two hundred hours of community service, work crew for 30 days, $10,200 in fines and 4 years of probation. His sidekick plead out to a deferred sentence with 60 days of home detention.  Absolutely pathetic on both sentences, Big Boy deserved better! and dirty cops should be addressed as such!

Summit: This entry detailed my encountering an old yellow lab while out trail running on my Mistress.  Summit had stiff joints, legs that staggered and odd shaped lumps extending from his abdomen.  Summit ignored his failing body and nosed along the trial, taking his caretaker for a walk. I happen to know where they live in a beautiful mountain home on the backside of the Mistress, so I stopped by to check on Summit about 2 months ago.  I expected bad news and anticipated extending my condolences, but upon ringing the doorbell, a raspy old bark greeted me on the backside of the door and when it opened, Summit hobbled out, indifferent to me, and plodded around in the front yard.  His condition had worsened, but he still was doing his thing with the homeowner probably wondering who is this guy checking on his dog?

Moustache Unplugged #4, #8, and #24.  The Moustache despises Colorado Department of Transportation's refusal to properly address horrific traffic congestion into and out of the mountains along Interstate 70.  Updates?  They're still shoving their heads in the sand, trying to convince the public that their "fixes" are worthwhile. Those "fixes" hardly even scratch the surface of really addressing the issue.  Shame, shame!

Moustache Unplugged #19. This one really torches The Moustache!  It details how a Wyoming police K9 handler ignorantly leaves his partner in the patrol car for WAY TOO LONG and the dog suffers an incredibly cruel death via baking inside of the car.  Poor Nyx!  The officer was charged with Animal Cruelty and, pathetically, plead not guilty.  What a chump!  Unfortunately, he must be playing the criminal defense game of stringing out the time line and delaying court proceedings as long as possible because no updates are yet available.  Believe me, Nyx will be seen again on this blog when the dust settles on this matter!

There are others very deserving of updates, but I will keep this post at a reasonable length.

I am humbled that words that come from my fingertips hitting a keyboard are read by anyone aside from me and a few friends. The automatic statistical page that monitors the blog's activity somehow tracks the countries of my visiting "audience."  It nearly floors me that readers from all over the globe somehow stumble across this blog.  I find it even more staggering that it appears some visitors even return to it.  The Rambling Moustache has had over 7,000 visits.  Some may say that number is not a big whoop, but I find it shocking

Thank you.

Below is the top 10 visiting countries.

United States
Ukraine
Turkey
France
Germany
Taiwan
Russia
Poland
China
Indonesia

I have to mention another visiting country because, to be completely honest, I had never heard of it.  True, geography was never my strong suit, but I'm willing to bet others will scratch their heads on this one.

Macau. 

Go ahead a Google it.  If you are cut from the mold of needing to learn something new each day, this country might provide today's learning moment.  It did for me.

Anyhow, thanks to all who visit!

Life is short and time is precious, but I intend to keep rattling out posts as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment