Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dalmatian Squirrel


“Hey, we should think about trying the stuff.  My mother-in-law just had hip surgery and used it and says she feels great,” I overheard Neil tell Susie one morning at the gym. Both have their unique aches and pains and with my Achilles issue, I was curious.
“What's this magical “stuff” you’re talking about,” I had to ask.

“Marijuana massage lotion,” was the reply.

Later in the day, Neil me sent a picture of the medicinal cannabis cream that was bargained priced at $29.95.

 

Two days later while back in the gym, I listened to the follow-up conversation.
“Did you get some of the stuff,” Neil asked Susie where she explained sheepishly going into the marijuana shop and asking about the massage lotion that was handed to her in not only a child-proof bag, but also nearly Susie-proof.  Both mentioned applying the cream whereby the areas immediately warmed.

“I’m not sure if it’s placebo or not, but my shoulder feels great… Did you have weird dreams?” Neil asked with arched eyebrows.

“Yes!  I don’t remember dreams but I vividly remember those weird ones!  There’s not supposed to be any mind altering components in the lotion,” Susie added.
“Mine are also vivid.  I had a pet squirrel that started out being brown in color, then changed to black and then turned into a Dalmatian color,” Neil said with a chuckle.

“A Dalmatian squirrel? C’mon!  That stuff had THC in it,” I managed to state through laughter.
“Oh, it gets better,” Neil continued in his joking manner. “In addition to the Dalmatian colored squirrel, I also had a pet black cat…who talked.”

“Did the squirrel talk, too?” asked Susie with a big smile.
“No, but it was my cat’s birthday so I gave him a card.  On the front of the card was a picture of a black cat and I set it on the mantle.  Then, the pet cat started getting into my business on how offended he was with the card having a black cat on it.  He jumped up on the mantle and started punching the card,” Neil explained.  “But, the punches weren’t cat-like swipes, they were skilled straight punches into the card with his fuzzy paws!” he said, unable to keep a straight face while explaining his unusual dream.

“Well, I was flying,” Susie stated.  “And then I dove into the ocean, and swam with whales,” she added with her big smile.  “And then I shot out of the ocean and continued to fly,” she said and finished with comments on how her sleep was not restful as she awakened throughout the night.
While on the internet, I stumbled across the below picture.  Obviously, someone else slathered up a shoulder with the magical medicinal massage lotion, too.



 Only in Colorado….

No comments:

Post a Comment